About the Apprenticeship Information Ambassador Network
The Apprenticeship Information Ambassador Network deliver Quality Assured Information on Apprenticeships in a variety of settings, including schools career days, 6th Form events, Pupil Referral Units, Job Fairs, Job Centre Plus, youth clubs, PTA’s, and various other relevant stakeholder settings.
The main aims are:
- To champion apprenticeships to young people through the delivery of impartial information sessions using real life case studies and examples of the benefits of apprenticeships
- To provide a quality assured service
- To co-ordinate and manage all requests for support from the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network across London.
if you have a query please use the contact form to get in touch.
Stakeholder Guide to the Apprenticeship Information Ambassador Network
Who are the Apprenticeship Information Ambassador Network (AIAN) members?
- A network of existing Apprenticeship Training Providers and FE Colleges that deliver Apprenticeship Training funded by the Government
- The network Ambassadors will visit schools, 6th Forms and LA’s in a variety of settings to provide impartial information on Apprenticeships to young people
- The network providers have been subject to an Ofsted Inspection and received a grade 1 or 2 for the over all effectiveness of provision
- In most cases they will also be Matrix accredited which is the industry ‘standard’ to offer an IAG service
- The network members provide this service on a voluntary basis.
The AIAN is a free service providing general impartial information including:
- What is an Apprenticeship
- The variety of industries and job roles they cover
- How they differ from other forms of learning and progression routes
- How to search for and apply for Apprenticeship opportunities, and
- Where to go to find out more
Apprenticeship Information Ambassadors
- Have experience of working with employers so understand their requirements when recruiting young people
- Understand the issues facing a young person going to work – often for the first time.
What is the Apprenticeship Information Ambassador Network?
The AIAN is a Network of Providers in London who present impartial information on Apprenticeships to schools, sixth forms, JCP reps and other relevant stakeholders.
Why establish this service now?
- Since the introduction of Raising the Participation Age (RPA) schools are now responsible to deliver impartial careers advice
- Schools, Colleges and Sixth forms are increasingly interested in finding out and offering to all students and pupils the broadest choice of options including studying at work.
- Apprenticeships are becoming increasingly popular – there are over 50,000 people of all ages in London today who are an Apprentice in almost all industries and types of business.
About the London Work Based Learning Alliance
The AIAN is managed by the London Work Based Learning Alliance (LWBLA).
Find out more about LWBLA